So what’s the secret to making juices that give you energy? Use a wide variety of mineral dense fruits and vegetables. The more, the better! Remember to always add greens.
Juicing for energy is one of the most popular reasons people juice. It provides your body with nutrition to boost brain and physical power (when it has the vitamins it needs, you get energy!).
If you need a quick boost of energy, you’ll generally want to juice greens and you might want to think about doing a juice cleanse or a juicing fast.
Any juicing program will help get you back on track if you’re not feeling like you have enough steam to get through your day.
But first, if you are low on energy, consider these factors
- If your body is really toxic, it will be sluggish. Consider a juice cleanse for your body.
- How is your sleep? If you aren’t getting enough sleep, then you need more z’s for good energy. Valerian is the herb of choice for me if I have insomnia. I take it in a tincture or capsule form.
- Do you exercise? Exercising does help get your cells moving and overall contributes to higher energy levels over time.
- How is your diet? While juicing can help, a poor diet (for example, fast foods and processed foods) will totally make you sluggish.
I’m only mentioning these things because years ago I was having a hard time with energy. I could not wake up in the morning and I would rely on caffiene to get me through the day. Juicing did help, but until I addressed those other issues, my energy was down. Astragulus and Ginseng (american or siberian) work so well for giving you an energy boost and assist adrenals. Add a few drops from a tincture to these juices and you’ll be electric.
A few tips on juicing for energy
- Greens always give energy
- Parsley is my go-to add in for energy in ANY juice
- Stick to more vegetable based juices when juicing for energy
- Don’t forget the wheatgrass. Wheatgrass is a great energizer, so a shot of that alone will keep you going on raw natural energy for hours.
- You could use green juice powder if you are in a pinch and need energy, but fresh juice is always the best.
Here are 5 of my favorite juice recipes for energy
Energy Juice #1: apple + carrot + parsley
This one is so good and works wonders.
- 2 apples, cored
- 4 carrots
- 1 handful of parsley
- A stalk of broccoli (optional)
Core the apple and cut the top off of the carrots if necessary. Juice with the parsley, alternating the parsley so that you get the most out of it. Serve immediately.
Energy Juice #2: kale + apple + orange
- 1 orange, peeled
- 4 apples, cored
- 1 handful of kale
Roll up the kale in a long cylinder so its easier to juice. Core the apples. Peel the orange. Juice together and serve.
Energy Juice #3: lettuce + lemon + kale + carrot
- 7 carrots
- small handful of lettuce
- small handful of kale
- 1 lemon, peel optional
Peel the lemon (if you don’t want to, its okay). Juice the lettuce, carrots, kale and lemon. Serve immediately.
Energy Juice #4: celery + cucumber + lemon + parsley + ginger
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut into pieces
- a small handful of parsley (few sprigs)
- a small knob of ginger
- 1 lemon (peel ok)
Juice the cucumber, celery, parsley, lemon and ginger. Serve immediately.
Energy Juice #5: carrot + celery + wheatgrass
- 4 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 ounces of wheatgrass (or a large handful will do)
Juice the carrots, celery and wheatgrass. Drink immediately.
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to our page.