Here are some ways juicing may change your life:
- Your face can gain a natural glow and a clear complexion that everyone will notice.
- It’s a healthy meal on the go for busy families.
- You can get all the fruits and veggies you need in one serving.
- It can help keep you regular (natural diuretic).
- It can cut back on water weight gain and puffiness.
I decided to do more research on juice detoxing and found you don’t have to go extreme in order to benefit from juicing fasts. You can replace just one meal a day. I love this idea because sometimes I need something quick and healthy when I am on the go. However, a true juice detox is replacing breakfast, lunch and dinner with juice for a few days to cleanse and purify your system and nourish your body. Your body and mind will thank you for it.
Here are some juicing tips:
- If you can, buy organic. It makes your juice beverage taste sweeter and comes without pesticides.
- Cut the rinds off citrus fruit so it is not too bitter.
- If you don’t want a mess, don’t forget the lid. Sounds crazy but it has happened.
- Drink plenty of water, up to a gallon a day, so you don’t get dehydrated during a 24 hour juice detox.
- Make sure you talk to your doctor before you start any kind of juice detox (after all, I am not a health professional)
- Don’t make juicing a chore. Make enough juice for a 24 hour detox and put it in mason jars to store in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. This way you won’t be making a mess everyday.