These raw vegan chickpea cookie dough balls taste just like the real thing. And guess what, they contain no animal products! It may sound weird that you use chickpeas as the base for this recipe, but trust me, I thought the same thing but once everything is blended together and you are left with a thick and creamy cookie dough texture – you won’t even know the difference. 🙂
Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough BallsPrint This
- 15oz Chickpeas (canned or cooked)
- 1/3 Cup Nut Butter of choice (I used creamy coconut PB)
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Add all ingredients to food processor EXCEPT the Chocolate Chips. Turn on and off frequently and press mixture back into blades. Do not over or under mix.
2. Once the texture is to your liking (usually smooth and kind of creamy), scrape it out of the blender and put it into a bowl and stick it in your refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Some blenders run kind of hot so this is why you will want to cool down the cookie dough.
3. After about 30 minutes take the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and add your chocolate chips and mix around.
4. Roll into 1 to 2 Tablespoon balls and flash freeze for 15 minutes. I personally keep my cookie dough balls in the refrigerator and just grab 1-2 as a snack as needed.
This recipe should make about 12 raw cookie dough balls.