Who would have ever guessed that you could make a sauce out of cauliflower? I sure would have never thought so, but when I was searching Pinterest for vegan sauces I happened to stumble upon an interesting recipe using cauliflower to make a creamy Alfredo sauce.
I quickly ran to the store to buy a head of cauliflower and made the recipe. I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and texture. It was so close to the non-vegan real thing! I played around with the ingredients several times over and I’m finally satisfied with the end result – so satisfied that I couldn’t wait to share it with you here.
This rich, creamy, and totally dreamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce recipe is 100% dairy-free. You’ll be amazed at how delicious vegan can be!
Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo SaucePrint This
- 1 tablespoon liquid for sautéing (I use veggie broth or water)
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower or 1 head
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat the tablespoon of veggie broth or water in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until it is soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower and the vegetable stock, cover with a lid and let the cauliflower steam for 5 minutes, or until it is soft.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (starting with 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of sea salt) and blend again. Taste and add more nutritional yeast and sea salt, if you’d like.
- Either use the Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo right away or pour it into a pan to keep warm until you are ready to use it.