This easy to make Crunchy Cashew Thai Salad will have you coming back for more every time. I made this salad a few weeks back with Quinoa as the base and then this past weekend I tried it with Orzo pasta. I honestly don’t know which version I like better. They both were scrumptious. This recipe is so versatile. I hope you enjoy!
Vegan Crunchy Cashew Thai Salad with Ginger Peanut DressingPrint This
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rice or pasta of your choice
- 1-2 cups shredded red cabbage, depending on how much crunch you like
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ½ cup cashew halves or peanuts
- Optional: 1 cup edamame or chickpeas
- Fresh lime, for a bit of tang
- - - - - For the dressing - - - -
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten-free if desired
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Optional: 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Water to thin, if necessary
- Start making your quinoa, rice or pasta.
- To make dressing: Add peanut butter and maple syrup or agave to a medium microwave safe bowl; heat in microwave for 20 seconds. Add in ginger, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, and both sesame and olive oil and stir until mixture is smooth and creamy. If you want a thinner dressing, simply stir in a teaspoon or two of water.
- Add as much or as little dressing as you’d like to the quinoa, rice or pasta. I always start out with a little bit of dressing and usually add more to suit my taste preferences. Alternatively you can save the dressing for later and add when you are ready to eat; however the flavors of the dressing usually soak into the salad so I love adding it to the base first.
- Next fold in red pepper, onion, cabbage, carrots, and cilantro into the quinoa. Garnish with cashews and green onions. Serve chilled or at room temperature with lime wedges if desired.