This recipe will yield the perfect vegan whole wheat pancake that you’ve been searching for. It’s fluffy and the texture is perfect!
It only takes a few minutes to whip up with simple, everyday ingredients and is super easy to make. Not to mention they’re incredibly filling. These might be the easiest pancakes I’ve ever made and they are now my go-to breakfast pancake recipe.
- so easy and ready in minutes
- minimal ingredients
- incredibly fluffy
- double or triple for a family sized batch
- customize by adding fruit or chocolate chips
- no refined sugar
- add your favorite healthy toppings
For best results, follow the recipe carefully and make sure you cook them in a pre-heated, hot, non-stick pan. You can also use a very light spray of coconut oil cooking spray if you wish.
PANCAKE TOPPING IDEAS
The pancake toppings are the best part of this whole pancake business aren’t they? Besides the fluffy, doughy pillows they sit on, I guess. I topped these fluffy vegan pancakes with a generous serving of thawed, frozen blueberries that I heated up stovetop, a sprinkle of shredded coconut and a drizzle of melted peanut butter.
Here are some more pancake topping ideas:
- toasted coconut flakes
- homemade chocolate sauce: mix together a small amount of coconut oil, cocoa powder and sweetener of choice such as pure maple syrup
- date caramel sauce: soak dates in hot water for 15 minutes then drain and blend with some light coconut milk, vanilla and sea salt
- chopped nuts
- apples and cinnamon: sauté sliced apples with cinnamon in a little coconut oil until soft and tender
- pure maple syrup
- fresh or caramelized bananas: sauté sliced bananas in coconut oil until they caramelize
- sweet tahini sauce: mix tahini with some pure maple syrup
- coconut butter or nectar
- dairy-free chocolate chips – or bake these right into the pancakes!
Vegan Whole Wheat PancakesPrint This
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour works too)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (substitute water or other plant-based milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional, adds flavor)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional, adds flavor)
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the unsweetened almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir until “just mixed.”
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes. (Optional, but I found they come out fluffier this way.) Let the pan heat up while you wait.
- Cook in 1/4-1/2 cup portions in a lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Once there are a few bubbles in the middle, flip and cook for a few more minutes on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe should make about 6 pancakes. For best results, make sure your baking powder is active. If you’re unsure if your baking powder is still good, you can test it by by mixing 1 teaspoon of baking powder with 1/3 cup hot water. If the baking powder is fresh, the mixture should produce lots of bubbles.